This tip sheet shall assist you to finish Form I-864, Affidavit of help Under Section 213A of this INA. Detailed directions for Affidavit of Support (PDF, 250.14 KB) are available. Whenever filing Form I-864, you should fill out of the kind totally and supply all needed information along with your initial filing. This can reduce processing delays and mistakes in interaction.
Please read and proceed with the filing suggestions to make sure processing that is proper.
Note: All 12 pages of Form I-864 needs to be submitted.
Who completes this kind? The sponsor of an intending immigrant fills away and signs this type in black colored ink. The guardian of that sponsorâ€™s estate (financial affairs) may sign the form if the sponsor is under guardianship.
- Since the individual doing Form I-864, you might be the sponsor (or, as appropriate, an alternative sponsor or joint sponsor). By signing this kind, you consent to economically support an immigrant whom applies for either an immigrant visa or modification of status in order to become a lawful permanent resident.
- More often than not, the sponsor ought to be the person that filed the visa petition for the intending immigrant.
- In the event that individual that filed the visa petition cannot indication this kind due to the fact person has died, an alternative sponsor may signal this type.
- This form, but is unable to meet the financial requirements, another individual must also sign a separate form as a joint sponsor to meet the financial requirements if the individual who filed the visa petitioner or a substitute sponsor signs.
- Each sponsor has to submit fees and W2â€™s if she or he is certainly not utilizing an IRS printout, or offer a cause for perhaps not filing fees.